Not a lot to add today - just a video of Matt laughing. Sometimes it's the weirdest things that make him upset and make him happy. For example, I didn't post anything about his dentist appointment a few weeks ago. I thought he would freak out and cry, similar to the oh-so-traumatic haircut... But nope. Even though it was way more invasive, with the dentist sticking her gloved hands into his mouth and spreading his lips way up to see his gums, prodding every crevice of his little mouth, he just opened wide and took it. She even commented on how he was one of the easiest, most laid back babies she had ever seen. I was absolutely shocked (still am actually). Dental conclusion: his teeth/gums are fine and he loves brushing his teeth, so they should remain fine. (Just for the record, my dentist appointment was the next day, with the same dentist... so as Matt and I were leaving I told her that I would go ahead and cry and freak out when I came in, just so things in the universe were evened out.... I didn't, but it made sense at the time...)
ANYWAY... he freaks out during a haircut but not during a dentist visit... well, he also laughs at the strangest things, and they aren't always able to be duplicated. For example, the other night Jimmy was throwing a basketball at Matt's head (don't worry... it was a plush basketball) and I was batting it away, "saving" Matt. Matt thought it was absolutely hilarious, laughing harder than I or Jimmy has ever seen... loud and straight from the gut... His laugh made us laugh to the point of tears. Well, we tried duplicating it tonight so that we could maybe get it on video but he wasn't all that impressed with it. However, he found it quite humorous when I trapped him in my legs, shaking him and making some weird sounds. This time Jimmy had the camera handy and captured his laughter on video. So... below is a video - almost a minute long, I believe - of Matt cracking up. I think he even snorts at the end (ah, that's my boy...). Note: You should be very happy that this video is even being posted, because I personally hate that my belly can be seen (ugh) and almost vetoed the video from being posted. I think that's actually why Jimmy uploaded it but said I could write something to accompany it... SO - comments about Matt's awesome laugh are allowed - but no comments about anything else. Enjoy the video. :)
Sooooo cute! LOVE it!!!
ReplyDelete