I have several pics and a video to share from today. Now that Matt is 4 months he's allowed to have cereal. Well, I didn't have any on Tuesday and didn't want to go to the store after Matt's doctor's appointment, so I figured I'd start the cereal on Wednesday. But on Wednesday he had a fever (from his shots, poor guy) and since he wasn't feeling well I didn't want to start the cereal in case he either didn't like it or reacted poorly to him. So I tried to feed it to him on Thursday. I opted for the night because I had heard it would help him sleep through the night, which he still isn't doing (though I have read that's a myth...). I made the rice cereal according to the directions on the box for first time feedings. These directions, it turns out, makes it really really really watery. And since you're not supposed to put cereal in a bottle and instead feed using a spoon, this was not easy. On top of that, he wanted nothing (nothing nothing nothing) to do with it. He cried... it was a huge disaster/mess. After seeking advice and doing the ol' google search, I decided to change things a little. I didn't feed him the cereal on Friday and instead waited until today, and opted to try to feed him in the morning, when he was most rested and pretty happy (thanks google tips). I also figured this would be a good time since he'd be hungry but not starving (thanks Lisa). And I also decided to make it a little thicker since he had proven he could eat a little thicker stuff with the prunes (thanks Mom and Christina). It was a success... He didn't eat a lot, but he ate it. It was a mess, but not near the mess as when it was liquid on a spoon. Below is a video of him eating. This is practically the first cereal feeding... I don't count Thursday's disaster... and prior to this he had eaten maybe one bite before I realized I needed to pin his arms down or else he shoves his hands in his mouth either after or during the feeding process. So after that one bite I wiped him clean and decided to take a video of Matt being a big boy and eating from his highchair. (P.S. I love this highchair.)
Here's a picture during the eating.... cute and messy:
And another picture... he was having a good time eating... and making a huge mess...

After Matt's feast, he hung out a little while... here are random shots in his camo shorts and tank top... time to get your tickets to the gun show... The Cat in the Hat was one of my favorite books when I was a kid... I got it at a garage sale yesterday... goes well with the 25 Berenstein Bears books I got and the other Dr. Seuss books and the toys and the clothes and the xxxx fill in the blank stuff I've gotten at the yard sales recently... I'm addicted, it seems. In fact, we went to about 6 or so sales today (me, Matt, and Amber). Good deals...


After we got back from the yard sales, Amber and I decided we wanted to go to the movies today. So Nate said he'd watch Matt while we went to a matinee showing of Julia & Julie (great movie - I liked it a lot...). While we were gone, Nate sent Amber (who forwarded them to me) the following pictures he took... with the following captions:
"Loves duck hunting" (Apparently they were watching tv together)

"Out" (I had tried to keep him awake so he'd just sleep while we were gone... so yay)

"So much for the nap" (I guess he didn't stay asleep long... probably because he was in Ava's - their soon-to-be-born daugther's - crib with pink sheets... he's always happiest when he first wakes up - even if it's the shortest catnap ever)

And now we're home for the night, just relaxing. Matt is taking a nap and I'm contemplating dinner. That movie made me hungry! :)
alright, i think i can post now.
ReplyDelete