Saturday, August 1, 2009

Exersaucer and more standing

This morning, Matt and I went to some yard sales with Amber. Matt was well-mannered the whole time, seeming to enjoy being out and about. At the first place we went, the people asked how old he was, and when I told them he was 4 months old, one of the men exclaimed, "He's so big!" I replied with, "Don't judge him." They laughed. It really is a reminder, though, that he is quite a beast right now. Anyway, while we were out, Matt ate about 8 oz, slept a little, and generally seemed to have a good time. I found quite a bit of clothes - size 6 month to 2 years (yeah, I know... 2 years... BUT I bet he wears them sooner.. that's just the age that was on there... and those ages apparently mean nothing considering he's wearing 12 month now for some things). After the yard sales, we went to Walmart and Petco, where he got to look at guinea pigs, birds, rats, and other animals that will never be pets in my home... :) Then we went to Jimmy Johns for lunch, where he watched us eat (and wow, he really seems to want food sometimes... can't wait to feed him real food other than prunes...).

We came home and I put him in his exersaucer while I was washing bottles in the kitchen. Then I heard a loud crash. And I mean LOUD. Loud enough to actually wake Marley who was on her bed - and she never hears anything - not even the doorbell anymore. So of course I ran into the living room to find Matt in a completely collapsed exersaucer. His reaction: What's up, Mom? He was just laying in there, looking up at me as if this was a normal thing for the exersaucer to do. So I pulled him from the wreckage and tossed him in the air a couple times - he smiled so life was good - and he went to the jumperoo. Below is the aftermath (or after-Matt, if you will)... I need to try to get it back together... and see if it will be safe... grr...

After I finished the bottles, I had Matt stand for a while (you know, since that's his favorite activity right now). Below are some pictures... Matt's in his new outfit that Nonna just sent (Thanks, again, Nonna...).
And here is a video of him standing. I couldn't figure out how to rotate it (sorry - I won't turn camera like that again). I can't get enough of the videos - and I want to look into an actual digital mini video camera. I've heard good things about Flips? Anybody have thoughts about those?


Matt's waking so time to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment